Hurray! I've finally managed to write 100 posts! I can't believe that I've made it this far, I really wanted to try and stick at it, but wasn't sure if I would, or if I could find either the time to write, or the "stuff" to write about. I didn't really have any kind of goal or plan in mind, I just hoped to enjoy a bit of crafting and maybe take some not-too-awful photos as a sort of virtual scrapbook :) As it turns out, I've really loved writing my posts, the desire for my content to be of even mild interest to anyone has opened my eyes to the smaller details of everyday life. Bits and pieces of nature, random happenings at home with my Little People, fun days out. My crafting has definitely increased, and having lots of positive feedback has been amazing. That first morning, the day after my first post, when I saw I had some comments on my was soooooo exciting!
In fact, for me, comments from my lovely readers is the very best bit about blogging. Not because of how lovely the comments are in themselves, it's more the feeling of community that exists, and the (albeit virtual) meeting of kindred spirits. I've made lots of lovely bloggy friends, and had the privilege of discovering so many other wonderful bloggers and their blogs, lots of amazingly creative people, who not only share their knowledge and ideas (and gorgeous photos), but who give their time to read and comment back on my posts. Lovely readers from all over the world, from Iceland to New Zealand everywhere in between. Bloody marvelous isn't it :) Just makes you realize people are people, and what's more are lovely people, the world over. Thankyou to each and everyone of you who've read my posts or left me comments :)
Now down to business. There's only one way to celebrate 100 posts and that's with a GiVeAwAy .... yippee !!!! I've gathered together a few craft bits and bobs for one lucky winner.
There's a few stationery bits ....
... including one of my fabric covered notebooks (I'm hoping to be selling these soon) ....
.... and a selection of yarny stitchy goodies ....
I made the lined pouch, you could use it to hold pens, glasses, or crochet hooks of course! The yarn is a wool-acrylic mix and there is enough to make a pair of the Ombré Mitts from my last post? And I'll also include a printed copy of the pattern for the mitts (totally bigging it up, it's very easy!). There may be a couple of little extras thrown in too that aren't in the photo :)
There will also be 2 surprise runner-up prizes (surprise because I haven't decided what yet lol).
At this point I'm thinking "I will be so mortified if no one enters, because that will mean everyone thinks it's a load of old tat" ....
Anyway here are the (for want of a better word) rules ....
1. To enter all you have to do is leave a comment below. If you feel like telling me what your favourite emerald cottage post was, that would be lovely.
2. If you mention my blog, and the giveaway, on your own blog, that would also be lovely, and will get you a second chance of winning :) Just make sure you tell me you've done so :)
3. The closing date is midnight next Saturday night, 21st Feb 2015. Midnight my time. (London time!)
4. The winner will be chosen highly scientifically by one of my Little People pulling a name from a hat (this is why there are runners up, I have to allow each child to select a name, otherwise an argument will ensue).
5. Please do make sure to leave some contact details, and in the unlikely event that I can't contact you (after a few tries), should you win, then another name will be chosen.
I think that's it! If there's sufficient interest I may even be tempted to do another giveaway on my first blog birthday which is just round the corner :)
Thankyou all my lovely lovely readers, and Good Luck !!!