Tuesday 11 November 2014

Remembrance




In Flanders Fields
By Major John McCrae
May 1915

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.


xXx
We shall remember them.
xXx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem. It's so important that we don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a heartbreaking waste of lives X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a moving poem. Thank you for sharing and thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooooo Jill. What a moving poem, I have not heard that one before. Thanks for visiting my blog. I don't think I have blogged about my ancestor book (maybe a few pages) but I will put it on my list when the sun peeps out for photos. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Ive been lurking round your blog for ages, it's one of my favourites :) you always make such lovely things, and so many of them :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing that poem.. I've read it before and it's well written and makes you think of what our soldiers have done to keep us free and safe. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting, and for taking the time to leave me a comment :) I really really love getting little messages, I read and value every single one, so thankyou again, and have a great day :)
Jillxxxxx