Saturday 19 August 2023

Cari Keyhole Scarf

 Hello, dear readers and friends :)


Well it may be August, but that doesn't necessarily mean that its summer, apparently! This was the view out of my window yesterday ...


Admittedly the sun is shining now, but that's not to say it won't bucket down again later, who knows?

In the meantime I've been working on some autumnal projects for friends. My friend Helen posted on facebook a picture of a scarf that she'd seen, and another friend, Pauleen, commented that she'd have loved one of these but that her Mum was no longer here to crochet it for her. So I offered to make her one. I had just the right yarn in my stash, this gorgeous marble chunky by James C Brett, in a lovely turquoise-grey mix. The scarf pattern is the Cari Keyhole Scarf, by Angela Wilson. It's about £7 on Ravelry, you can find it here.  Its a really easy pattern, and produces this wonderful keyhole effect once its assembled. I say assembled, there really isn't much to do - it looks more complicated than it actually is.

I love how the marble chunky gives the effect of stripes.


And making the tassel is great fun!


I can't wait to give it to Pauleen :)


In the meantime, yet another friend, Nicki, had commented on Pauleen's comment (are you keping up) saying she'd love one too ... so of course I messaged her and offered to make her one as well. Nicki loves purple and I had another ball of marble chunky in my stash that is this perfect pinky purple combo ...


The great thing about crocheting with chunky yarn is how quickly it works up, I was able to complete each scarf in a couple of days. Nicki's scarf is ready for her to collect too .....


And ... you guessed it ... yet another friend, Mary has requested one too! So I'm currently working on a lovely bright pink and rich purple one for her. They are certainly keeping me busy!

Til next time,

Jillxxx





14 comments:

  1. The scarves looks so warm and cozy! They will be perfect for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends are going to have smiles a mile wide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How beautiful! They are making me anxious for cooler weather. Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combinations, I bet they were a joy to make. I don’t think you can ever have enough neckware, she says remembering she’s been knitting a scarf for months now.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever design. When I find a pattern I enjoy I don't mind using it again and again. Your friends will be lovely and cosy when winter arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been awful hasn't it, I love those scarves, they look quite easy to make and lovely colours, a great gift idea. Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, you are keeping everyone in your neck of the woods cosy with very pretty scarves. You might find yourself making more as word gets out! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful scarves-I like the way they are designed to stay put on your shoulder-very nice job making them for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun pattern and both are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want one. ;-) I love the pattern. You do amazing work.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do actually want one I can make you one, quite happy to

      Delete
  11. This is Jill replying by the way, I can’t make it not be anonymous ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill,
    Let me know how much it would be in US dollars and shipping and I will let you know. Your work is lovely and I do love the pattern.
    Thank you for asking me about it, not sure if I will be able to purchase or not, we are on a budget. I have good news, we almost have our house paid off!!! By November we will!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I’ll do it for free, I didn’t mean for you to pay! It would be my pleasure ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting, and for taking the time to leave me a comment :) I really really love getting little messages, I read and value every single one, so thankyou again, and have a great day :)
Jillxxxxx