Saturday 12 August 2023

The Lacy Scarf by The Posh Crochet

Hello dear readers and friends, I hope you are all well. If you have followed me for any amount of time you will know that I am a very bad and inconsistent blogger - sorry!! Consequently I have some projects that were finished a while ago which I have yet to blog about. So I hope you won't mind if I indulge myself by writing about one of them now ?

This project, which I completed some time ago now, is "The Lacy Scarf". It is, as the name suggests, a lacy scarf (obviously), and the pattern is by The Posh Crochet, who is Olga, a designer from Ukraine. You can purchase the pattern on etsy here.


Its a beautiful open lacy scarf pattern which really opens up with a good blocking. 


The pattern is worked along the length of the scarf so each row is very long; this suits me as I can really get into the pattern before having to change for the next row.


I love how the clever increases make it twirl around on itself.


The yarn is by The Dye Shack, I purchased it at a yarn show - don't ask me which one though, I have a terrible memory - I should really write on the ball band where I bought it but I always forget

Oh and by the way I also spoke about this pattern in episode 2 of my podcast.


I loved working on this shawl. The combination of the long rows and stunning yarn made it an absolute pleasure to crochet. And in fact I may even use it again with another skein! Watch this space!

Til next time,

Jillxo









9 comments:

  1. Your Lacey scarf is absolutely gorgeous. The yarn is so beautifully dyed, I am guessing with natural tints. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern which looks lovely in that colourful wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Gorgeous colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf!!! That beautiful pattern works so well with that pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is a beauty! I could picture me making several very easily! Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scarf the yarn makes it such lovely colours. I'm a terrible blogger too it's ages since I posted, it was lovely to see your post. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is one beautiful lacy scarf!! The colors are cheerful and will go with many outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and orange, my favourite colour combination! Lovely scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors!!! Beautiful!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting, and for taking the time to leave me a comment :) I really really love getting little messages, I read and value every single one, so thankyou again, and have a great day :)
Jillxxxxx