To me, blogging is a bit like having a pen-pal, I love logging on each day on to see if I have any comments, I can't wait to reply, and I spend ages mulling over which pictures to include. And I'm struck by how far-reaching my readers are, but all with fairly similar interests to me. And of course its all practically instant! And with photos! Hurrah!
One such blogger-pen-pal-friend is Birgitta of Handmade and Off-centered. Last week Birgitta very kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award :) I'm soooooo excited and touched, and I'm feeling the bloggy love :)
The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers and helps generate attention for new and up-and-coming blogs. There appear to be various iterations and versions of this, but here's how it currently works. As a nominee here's what I do:
- Post 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions the person nominating me has asked
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post, and let them know that they have been nominated
- Create 11 questions for my nominees to answer
11 Random Facts about Me
3. Next to crochet, my favourite form of therapy is colouring in. In fact I'm spending some birthday amazon vouchers on colouring-in books for grown ups :)
4. I love the smell of fresh basil, makes me think of bread, tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, mmmmmm ....
5. I've always wanted to go to Wimbledon but keep forgetting to enter my name in the ballot for tickets.
6. I have a terrible magazine addiction. I deliberately don't add up the cost of them because I really wouldn't be able to justify it, but I do love them so ......
7. I don't eat meat. I do eat fish though, so I can't claim to be a vegetarian. My friend says I am a vegaquarian :)
8. I'm a professional dieter. Always "on a diet", but I just like food too much. Its ridiculous. Need to give myself a SeriouS talking-to, and either do it or not. No more of this half-baked (see what I did there) effort.
9. When I was little I adored Enid Blyton books, especially The Famous Five. Now Little Miss is reading The Famous Five stories, and I'm so happy about that :D Little Tomboy also is very taken with the idea of The Famous Five because of course George is possibly the most famous tomboy ever.
10. I don't really drink (as in alcohol). I used to enjoy a (very large) glass (or three) of wine on the weekend (and some school nights too - tut). Nowadays I Just. Can't. Do. It. I hate the slightly fuzzy head and tiredness and grumpiness the next day, so I've decided its not worth the bother. And I don't miss it one bit.
11. I am a real homebody and my perfect night out is actually to stay in with hubby, and my crochet, some cake and a cuppa :)
So there you have some Jill-randomness :) I've really enjoyed compiling this, I'm not used to sitting thinking about MySelf, but I have to say its been quite enjoyable :) For the next sections of Liebster-ness you'll have to come back and read Part 2, as this post is getting a bit out of hand .....
Fun facts! Liebster is a great activity, I think. I don't drink much, just one on a Saturday night, typically, because I don't like to be tipsy either. I also love food way too much to do anything drastic about it. :)ReplyDelete
I might just decide to not do much about the food thing and just enjoy it :)Delete
Thanks for explaining the Liebster award....I've seen it around but didn't know anything about itReplyDelete
Keep an eye out for Part 2 Tracey :)Delete
I always think it's hard to come up with a list of things about yourself but I think you have summed things up very nicely.ReplyDelete
Thanks :) It's hard to think of upbeat things, I had lots of "I'm rubbish at ...." in my head!Delete
Lovely post! Congrats on the award!ReplyDelete
Thanks! It was a fun post to write!Delete
Oh you really make me laugh! I see some other things we have in common like the tulips, basil and the not really a drinker by choice because it just isn't worth it the next day, feeling. I love how you added photos to each one of your fact. Very visual and well that's always such a bonus (wish I thought of that).ReplyDelete
It's really something this blogging world. It does feel a bit like pen pals only better because of the pictures of course :) I'm glad to have you in my boggy circle and I enjoyed reading more about you. Look forward to the second half of the liebster award.
Birgitta you made me laugh A LOT - nice to be in your "boggy circle" LOL is that a tourist thing in Iceland LOL xxDelete
Haha ok that was suppose to be " bLoggy circle" of course. Im writting using my iPad and sometimes it just has a mind of its :) spell corrector....Delete
I loved learning more about you Jill. I don't eat red meat, don't drink and LOVE to stay in and knit or crochet. I love blogging and love your blog.ReplyDelete
Thankyou Meredith :) And great minds etc :)Delete
Oh, I am such a sinful woman. I am enjoying a glass of wine as I type (17.13pm) I should be proud that it is pm not am ;0)ReplyDelete
I start each day determined to loose weight (my waist is over the 32" max) I had a healthy breakfast, a quite healthy lunch of home made soup then spoilt it all by having a toasted teacake loaded with butter. Never mind, there is always tomorrow.
Yes indeed Cally, thank goodness for tomorrow!!!Delete